Just wanted to let you know some information if you don’t have it already!
You can follow me on:
Facebook: Lacey L Bakker or Panda the Very Bad Cat
Blog: Thekittycatclan.com or Pandatheverybadcat.com
by email: Lacey_bakker@yahoo.ca
I appreciate every single one of you and I’m so glad that we’re friends:D
March 20, 2017- I had the privilege of attending the Hamilton Cat Fanciers Cat Show in Ancaster, Ontario this past weekend with my book Panda the Very Bad Cat. I just want to say that the entire event was absolutely inspiring and I loved chatting with like-minded cat lovers. There are so many stories to tell and I look forward to sharing them with you all in good time. Stay tuned for those upcoming posts and I encourage your feedback. There were some really unique cats and cat lovers that I had the pleasure of meeting this weekend and I know that you’ll enjoy their stories as much as I did. Here’s the short list of upcoming stories:
- The story of a cat that saved her owner’s life while she was having a heart attack!
- The story of a deaf cat that was able to learn sign language
- The story of a cat who is an even BADDER (I made that word up) cat than Panda the Very Bad Cat…let’s just say he likes to feed the dog!
- The story of a cat who SEWS…yes, you read that correctly…he sews! And you wouldn’t believe what he’s creating to help other animals in need
- The story of a cat who has raised over $32,000.00 for shelter animals! He’s an absolute doll and I had the pleasure of meeting him in person.
So as you can see, we’ve got a lot of great stories scheduled. Stay tuned and I look forward to your comments.
Hello everyone, Just wanted to share some upcoming titles from Pandamonium Publishing House…I’ll let you know some dates closer to the time of publication:)
Upcoming works from Pandamonium Publishing House
7 Picture books
- Deer Diary– Duncan the deer is obsessed with writing in his diary. He writes down EVERYTHING! Follow him through the woods as he meets friends with very different, hilarious problems.
- Panda the Very Bad Cat (is at it again!)– Panda the Very Bad Cat has grown up a bit and looks a little different…but he’s still on a mission to bring chaos and mayhem to everyone in his household! Will he change his naughty ways?
- Panda the Very Bad Cat meets Santa Claws-Panda the Very Bad Cat meets Santa Claws! Prepare to be amazed at how badly the meeting goes but in the end will Panda learn a very important lesson or will he continue causing chaos for his human?
- Miranda the Very Loud Mouse-Everyone knows the saying, “As quiet as a mouse” Everyone except Miranda that is! She is always making noise even when she supposed to be quiet!
- The Day it Rained Jelly Beans-What would you do if it started raining Jelly Beans? One day Mason is playing in the yard when it begins to rain but instead of raindrops, it rains jelly beans! How will he collect them? What will he do with them? And how many can he eat?
- Martin the Tap Dancing Frog-The most talented animal in the forest is a frog named Martin. Martin has a very special skill…he is the world’s greatest tap dancer! Follow along as he tap dances his way around the forest in an amazing show that he puts on for the woodland animals!
- Penelope the Super Spoiled Hamster-Penelope is SPOILED! She’s an only hamster that gets whatever she wants whenever she wants it. One day after throwing a tantrum she happens upon a magic mirror that changes her into a bunny with tons of brothers and sisters and shows her that being spoiled is never a good thing.
3 Middle-grade novels (Possibly 4…I’ve got something in the works that I’m waiting on!)
- The Chronicles of Cassidy Clarke Book 1-The Cruise Ship Mystery (this will be a series of books)–Cassidy Clarke is an eighth grader who loves mystery novels. As she unwillingly embarks on a cruise ship adventure with her dad and her dad’s stupid girlfriend Angela (who she has affectionately nicknamed Angeduhh) she finds herself wrapped up in a mystery all her own! She’s accused of a crime that she didn’t commit and the only way to prove it wasn’t her is to find the real criminal! She’s in a race against the clock as she has to rely on her own sleuthing skills to solve the case.
- The Chronicles of Cassidy Clarke Book 2– The Curse of the Cupcake Cook Off-Cassidy Clarke is on the case once again! Her best friend Sofia Hainsworth has been selected to participate in a televised cook-off. When things start to happen to the contestants and some of the front runners become very sick, Cassidy has to figure out who’s behind it before it’s too late and before Sofia is the next target!
- The Old Farmer’s Treasure-Every summer it’s the same old thing, a two-week stay at Grandpa’s farm up north. Nothing ever changes and Adam, Jack, and Mike are bored once again. This summer something changes…the boys embark on an adventure that is sure to change their lives forever. Will they risk everything they have to find a treasure beyond their wildest dreams or will they die trying?
3 Adult Thrillers
- Untitled– An accident. A hospital bed. Blood. Jessica Westlake had it all, a beautiful home, successful husband and a new life growing inside of her. On the day of her final ultrasound appointment, she finds herself a victim of a deadly hit and run. Her perfect on the surface life is torn to pieces and Jessica begins to unravel the twisted secrets in her increasingly abusive marriage. Was the hit and run that almost took her life really an accident?
- Untitled-What would you do if you found a body washed ashore? Lyndsay Richman is a travel blogger who just inherited her aunt’s house by the sea. One morning while out for her daily run she sees something on the beach. She gets closer and finally makes out the image. The body of a man with the hands and feet severed. She calls the cops and they identify the body to be Cliff Whitely a prominent real estate agent with a long list of enemies who’s been missing for months. The only problem is…Lyndsay was the last person who saw him alive.
- Untitled-Tabitha Kane is broke, jobless and is in the midst of an ugly divorce after finding her husband screwing around on her with a woman he met at the gym. She thinks that this point in her life is rock bottom but everything is about to become much worse. She comes home to find that her apartment has been ransacked and there are intimate photos of her stuck to the walls. She immediately calls her ex-husband and he tells her that he knows what the thieves are looking for. He tells her that he is in danger and is about to be killed. Just as he’s about to tell her what it is she hears gunshots and the line goes dead. Tabitha must figure out what the thieves are looking for because her life depends on it.
Looking forward to releasing these! Stay tuned!
As you know, the next children’s title coming out of Pandamonium Publishing House is the long awaited Deer Diary! Well, I’m excited to announce that I will be interviewing Illustration and Design students from Sheridan College on Monday, February 27th to see who will be illustrating the book. I’m very excited and would like to say a very special thank you to Sheridan College for allowing me some of your talent! I’ll keep you posted on upcoming details and I’ll post pictures of the process. I’ll even make sure that you get a behind the scenes sneak peek of some of the FIRST illustrations! Watch for postings on Monday and if we aren’t friends on FaceBook yet…why not?
I hope that you’ll join me for another great class at the Turner Park branch of the Hamilton Public Library. It’s all about blogging and how to get started, how to make money from your blog and how to gain an audience for your work. I know that there will be some of you joining me again from the original Blogging 101 course at the HPL that was held awhile back so I just wanted to let you know that there will be lots of new material so don’t worry about repetition. The class starts at 7:00 p.m. at Turner Park!
Hope to see you there!
Just wanted to give you an update about what’s going on with Panda and other things! Here are some important dates and this will be continually updated as more dates are added on.
Panda the Very Bad Cat-At Blossoms Day Care in Binbrook on Tuesday, February 14th to spread the love! Valentine’s day with Panda the Very Bad Cat will be awesome and I know that he has a couple of treats up his sleeve!
Blogging 101-An introductory and extension of the first course that I taught about blogging will be at the Turner Park branch of the Hamilton Public Library on Thursday, February 16th at 7 p.m. You won’t want to miss this! Lots of great info.
Panda the Very Bad Cat-Book signing with the author Lacey L. Bakker at Chapters Waterloo (428 King St. North, Waterloo) will be taking place from 1-4 p.m. Come and get your book signed and personalized and remember that a portion of the proceeds from each book sold is donated to animals in need!
Family Fun Day-On Monday, February 20th (Family Day in Ontario) come and check out Family Fun Day hosted by The Parent Bazaar at the Caledonia Fairgrounds! It runs from 9-4 and Panda the Very Bad Cat will be there as well as the author Lacey L. Bakker. There will be a few live readings of the book, a chance to purchase your copy and the opportunity to get your very own book signed and personalized by both Panda and the author! Sure to be a great day, hope to see you there!
Panda the Very Bad Cat-Come and get your copy of Panda the Very Bad Cat signed and personalized by the author Lacey L. Bakker who will be at the Niagara Falls Travelling Flea Market at the Scotiabank Convention Centre on Saturday, February 25th from 10-6p.m. Hope to see you there!
Of course, I’ll be attending a number of schools during the month of February as well and will be presenting my book to the students in JK to grade 2. Stay tuned for more upcoming events!
I’m currently on the look-out for some new writing talent in the following categories:
Middle-Grade Fiction*Fiction that is aimed at readers around 8-12 years of age. E.g. Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Dear Dumb Diary, and The lightning Thief.
Young-Adult Fiction*Fiction that is aimed at readers around 12-18 years of age.E.g. The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent and The Outsiders.
Please contact me if you’d like to discuss the process and want to know more about what I do and what I can do for you. I look forward to your submissions.